Etsy

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wash Rag Critter Ideas

So while my 6 month old was watching her favorite show, I came up with the idea to make "Wash Rag Critters" for my Etsy Store. I started the process by sketching out some designs on the different characters that my daughter likes in her show.

The next step was to decide the size of the wash rags. It took me a couple iterations to determine a useful size. I compared the sizes to retail baby wash rags and determined that the retail rags are to small for bath time. They were also to thin, and did not hold the soap to maintain a lather while washing the baby.

 With these thoughts, I headed off to the local fabric store in search of the perfect fabric. I found some great ultra cuddly fleece that just so happen to be in some great colors that my daughter got excited about.

After finding the perfect fabric, I headed back the house and worked with my sketches to create a pattern. I started by making one of each critter and figured I let my daughter try them out. She was very excited to have new friends and they were very stimulating. The ultra cuddly fleece worked out great. They are bright colored, and extra soft as not to harm the baby. They lather very well and hold soap well throughout the bath time.

The overall project has been a great success. My daughter loves to play with her new critter wash rags, even outside of bath time.

To see the finished product, check them out at my Etsy store, or to see them specificaly CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment